Here are some nice topics or “buzz words”. The first one is from Amazon Micro-service dev-ops team. Actually, building micro service is a company culture not a practice. To achieve it, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos has a solution for this problem. He calls it the “two pizza rule”: Never have a meeting where two pizzas couldn’t feed the entire group. That is also true for a dev team. And also the team in charge of the whole life circle of the service: road map, technology, dev, QA, on-call, etc. In this way, the team is empowered and responsible for it.
- Apollo : http://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2014/11/apollo-amazon-deployment-engine.html
- API gateway: https://aws.amazon.com/api-gateway/
Another session is from Netflix, Daniel Jacobson. He describes how the micro servers overall picture in Netflix.
- Hystrix: https://github.com/Netflix/Hystrix/wiki
- Scryer: http://techblog.netflix.com/2013/11/scryer-netflixs-predictive-auto-scaling.html
- His slide share: http://www.slideshare.net/danieljacobson
- Netflix engineer blog: http://techblog.netflix.com
- Netflix Github: https://github.com/Netflix
Other buzz words:
- SmartStack: http://nerds.airbnb.com/smartstack-service-discovery-cloud/
- Apache Tez: https://tez.apache.org
- RxJava: https://github.com/ReactiveX/RxJava
- DStream: https://github.com/hortonworks/dstream